Until I moved to Ohio I never noticed so many animals running around in the yard... the most recent visitor is this duck...I've seen tons of ducks in beavercreek, and a few pairs waddling around the neighborhood. This specific duck now resides in my front yard with her eggs. She showed up a few weeks ago and made a nest in one of the front flowerbeds; Chad startled her and was startled by her one day when he was using the weed eater in the flowerbed; she blends in so well that he didn't even notice her until she jumped out of her nest to the other side of the front yard! She eventually came back to her eggs and we decided to hold off on the weed eater until the eggs hatch. If I ever get to see baby ducks I will definitely post the pictures!



Out of the kitchen window there's a bird feeder, and there are 4 birds that frequent this spot on a daily basis. There's also a squirrel that comes by once a day; I know it's the same squirrel because it's tail is missing some fur. The bird feeder is supposed to be "squirrel proof", but the squirrel has outsmarted the bird feeder. All he has to do is hang upside-down with his back feet from the feeder and use his front feet to open it up and get the food. He makes a lot of noise doing all of this and usually manages to get Casper's attention. Casper is just tall enough to put his front feet on the counter and be able to see out the kitchen window. I was trying to just take a picture of Casper looking out the window, but the squirrel jumped from the ledge to the top of the bird feeder at the exact second that I took the picture...so I got this crazy picture of the squirrel in mid-air!




1 comment:
Aw I loved that update! That was a pretty neat pic of the flying rat mid-air! Capser looks a bit disappointed in the last one ... but still cute!
Post a Comment