So I'm only 45 pages in (it's 400 total)....but so far so good.... a little easy to read and understand science mixed in with some crazy facts about our nation's "eating disorder"
The back of book: Today, buffeted by one food fad after another, America is suffering from what can only be described as a national eating disorder. Will it be fast food tonight, or something organic? Or perhaps something we grew ourselves? The question of what to have for dinner has confronted us since man discovered fire. But as Michael Pollan explains in this revolutionary book, how we answer it now, at the dawn of the twenty-first century, may determine our survival as a species. Packed with profound surprises, The Omnivore's Dilemma is changing the way Americans think about the politics, perils, and pleasures of eating.
6 comments:
Oh Lauren, you crack me up ... I can't keep up with you and all these new ideas you keep coming up with ... let us know how the book goes ... I expect a full page report on each Chapter=)
It is true...still not enough for me to give up meant and fries...but definitely to ration my intake! Let me know how the rest of the book is.
What is meant and why are you eating it?
Mint fries...those are my favorite too Tiff! j/k
LT...you still on pg 45? That's ok if you are, I'm sure you've been putting all your spare time into studying and doing school work. I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUU!
mint fries?! that sounds awful...... and yeah i might be on like page 50 now.... you know...i've had a lot of american idol, modern family, cougar town, law and order and secret life to catch up on this week : ) ....oh i mean studying and writing papers ; )
I meant meat! MEAT!!!! MEAT!!!! LOL
P.S. HI CHAD!!! I'm not as excited as Lauren, but still pretty excited to have you home! Safe travels!
P.P.S. Stephanie, you knew EXACTLY what I meant(meat)! :)
Post a Comment