Thursday, October 1, 2009
not much to blog about
So...I know I haven't posted a blog in a couple weeks, but there really hasn't been anything to blog about. I've just been REALLY busy with school work that is piling up on me and things at work are starting to get busier as we get closer and closer to the 4th quarter holiday shopping season. The weather has cooled off drastically...it was 42 degrees when I got up to take Casper out this morning. I'm definitely not ready to deal with the cold, although I have decided I am going to get a good pair of boots and a real winter jacket this year, so maybe I won't be too frozen. : ) I've still been able to talk to Chad almost every night and he is doing good....tired, but good. He's already done a little bit of traveling and is supposed to go on another trip this weekend to work on an airfield. For the last week I have been trying to kill these ground hornets that showed up in my front yard...luckily I didn't discover them....but not so luckily for the guy who cuts my grass....he ran over their hole with the lawn mower and got stung about 40 times! He was a trooper about it though...he called to warn me and Casper not to go over there so we wouldn't be their next victim. I've had 2 friends now try to spray them and their nest with no luck....we've used 2 cans of hornet spray...they just don't want to die. Scott, the guy who is taking care of my yard, said he was going to get something that would kill them in the next few days. Since he mowed today and they still weren't dead there is a little patch of grass that is longer than the rest (obviously he learned his lesson the first time). Chad...if you're reading this....don't worry, the grass will all be the same length again by next week! : ) I guess that's about all that's going on for now...sorry there's not much to report!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment